Wednesday, January 18, 2017

6th Imam Communicated with His Mother While He Was In Her Womb

I was reading the biography of the 6th Imam by a PhD author named Mohammed Raza Dungersi. Since the 12er had a PhD I figured I might gain some knowledge on the 6th Imam. However, after I starting reading the intro I came across this attribution on Imam Jafar bin Muhammad (as):
It is reported that when Imam Sadiq (a.s) was still in his mother's womb, he used to communicate with her. According to Allama Majlisi Imam Jafar looked at the sky read the Kalima and called out the names of all the Imams before him. (A Brief Biography of Imam Jafar bin Muhammad (a.s.) Pg 4)
After reading this attribution the only defense for the 12ers I can think of is that this book was made for the esoteric (khassa) group and not for the exoteric (Ammi) group.

No comments:

Post a Comment